Learn about the Worm Moon, March’s Full Moon. Learn about the history, alternative names, correspondences, and how to utilize its energy in your magickal workings.
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you! Thank you in advance for helping to support Feralwood Farm.
What is the Worm Moon?
The name Worm Moon doesn’t actually refer to the re-emergence of earthworms during this time, but actually comes from the Dakota peoples and refers to beetle larvae that are beginnging to emerge from thawing trees, logs, & stumps.
Alternative Names for the Worm Moon
- Eagle Moon – Algonquin
- Wind Moon – Catawba
- Moon of Winds – Celtic
- Strawberry Moon – Cherokee
- Sleepy Moon – Chinese
- Big Famine Moon – Choctaw
- Lenten Moon or Paschal Moon – Christian
- Goose Moon – Cree
- Spring Moon – Inupiat
- Sugar Moon – Ojibwe
- Crow Moon – Mohican
- Parrotfish Moon – New Guinea
Worm Moon Magickal Workings
As we get into the beginning of Spring it is as good a time to plant intentions as it is to plant seeds! Consider the following workings when doing spellwork during this time:
- Money Workings
- New Beginnings
- Plant Magick
Worm Moon Correspondences
Colors: Green, Yellow, Pink, Purple
Crystals: Aquamarine, Bloodstone
Deities: Isis, the Morrigan, Hecate, Cybele, Minerva, Artemis
Herbs: Lavender, Thyme, Betony, High John, Pennyroyal
Trees: Dogwood, Apple
Worm Moon Tarot Spread
Further connect to the energies of this Full Moon with this tarot spread!
- What is ready to emerge from the darkness?
- What needs to be released to make space for growth?
- What new growth or opportunity can I expect to experience in the coming months?
Try it out for yourself! If you want to share you results feel free to comment below, join our discord server, or use the hashtag #feralwoodcoven on social media!
Shadow Work Prompts for the Worm Moon
- What work can you put in now that your future self can benefit from?
- What do you need to physically and spiritually cleanse from your life?
- What is your relationship with change? Why do you have these feelings around transformation?
- What patterns or behaviors are you holding onto that no longer serve you, and how can you break free from them to align with your true purpose and potential?
More on Moons
Want to learn more about working with the energies of the Moon?
Read all of our moon posts here!
- Hunter’s Moon – October’s Full Moon
- Harvest Moon – September’s Full Moon
- Sturgeon Moon – August’s Full Moon
- Thunder Moon – July’s Full Moon